Evie's hair is getting long - it doesn't look like it because it's so curly - so the other day, when she was distracted by a movie, I brushed it out and french braided it. I couldn't believe she let me! Of course, it only lasted until she realized there was something in her hair but it gave me hope...

We signed Evie up for Little Gym this year because we thought she would like it. Before we left for our vacation, we had our first class. Riley went along for the ride.
The class started with some circle time, introductions and songs. Then, they brought out the parachute, the ever popular toddler activity. Evie was psyched. This was the first time she got to hold onto the handle herself and she thought that was pretty cool.

They had lots of gym equipment, of course, and Evie had fun figuring out what to do with it. Some stuff, she didn't quite get but the balance beam she took to the very first time. I was impressed!

Riley was a trooper, as usual, for the first half of the class. After that, he'd had enough of watching from the sidelines so I carried him around with me. Made it a little hard to spot Evie on the equipment so I think he'll be skipping future classes.

Riley was a trooper, as usual, for the first half of the class. After that, he'd had enough of watching from the sidelines so I carried him around with me. Made it a little hard to spot Evie on the equipment so I think he'll be skipping future classes.
In this picture, Evie was taking a break to search the diaper bag for snacks. Which I'd purposely left in the car. I'm learning. ;)
At the very end, the instructor brought out a bunch of bouncy balls and encouraged the kids to roll them to their parent. Evie decided she'd rather collect the strays and redistribute them to the other kids. It was very sweet but I don't think the other kids got her intentions.



No comments:
Post a Comment