I changed the name of this blog because I recognize that since having kids, like so MANY moms, my life seems to have become mostly about my kids. Not that I mind - I can't imagine 2 people I'd rather have take over my life. And I love sharing about them because I think they are such amazing little people.
But at the same time, I realize that I'm not doing them any favors by giving them a mom who doesn't maintain enough of her own identity. Sometimes, when I'm having a conversation with someone, I struggle to think of things to talk about that don't involve my children. I worry that makes me a little too one-dimensional to be interesting. At some point, my kids will both be old enough to talk about themselves at length (truth be told, Evie may be there already) and I won't have anything to offer the conversation.
Maybe what I'm really saying is that I'm trying to focus on having more balance - I think balance is good. Balance makes us sane, gives us perspective, makes us multi-dimensional. I've always been a contemplator by nature and I used to keep a journal but since I can type so much faster than I can write, it makes sense to keep a blog so that my internal censor has a harder time keeping up. I considered creating a separate blog to share my musings and keeping this one about the kids but then I thought, "my life isn't separate...why should my blogging be?".
I'm hopeful too that blogging will help me sort out some of the things that keep rattling around in my head. How do I best pursue my interest in photography? Where can I find the right spiritual connection that resonates with me? How can I find the patience and wisdom to parent my kids the way they deserve? Just to throw a few out there.... ;)
I don't even know if anyone reads this anymore, since I've been so lax about posting. But, if you're there, I hope that 2010 brings you much joy...and balance.
Friday, January 1, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment