Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Evie's World

Joe and I laugh sometimes that it's Evie's world and we're just living in it.  Of course, we realize that it's her age and, if we're lucky, she'll grow out of it just in time for Riley to grow into it.  Lately, she's been laying claim to everything around her including Riley's toys.  She's learned the fine art of compromise by bringing Riley another toy to exchange for one he's playing with.  It works now but we'll see how effective that is once Riley figures out what's what. ;)

Today, after dinner, Joe took Evie outside to ride her tricycle that we got her for Christmas for the first time.  No pictures of it but I'll try to upload the video I took.  It has a big handlebar in the back so Joe can steer her and it went pretty well.  Evie enjoyed it and I think her feet even reached the pedals.  Just a matter of time now before Joe has her training for triathlons with him, eh?

Riley is a such a smiley guy - he never misses an opportunity to flash his dimples.  I love to watch him watch Evie - he gets such a kick out of watching her.  He's definitely soaking everything in.

We tried to get a photo of the two of them outside tonight but you can see the results below - Evie wasn't into it.  We'll try again as I love to have photos of them together as they grow and change.  We're going to have a fun summer with those two.  

Catch ya later!






1 comment:

Samantha said...

Aw, poor baby! I can so easily picture what took place in the seconds between photos. Thanks for blogging we look forward to getting a glimpse into your lives.