Anyway, Evie is always a great helper when it i just the three of us. I took a video of her trying to entertain Riley while he was in the exer-saucer (Riley was a bit fussy). I am always amazed at how she likes to help take of Riley. She has really taken to him!

Saturday morning I decided to get the Burley bike trailer out and try Evie in it. I haven't tried since last year when she started screaming after about 2 minutes in the trailer. I felt like a fire engine racing through the neighborhood trying to get her home. So, I was little nervous about this attempt. Once I got the trailer out and gave Evie her helmet to play with, she started getting excited. I had to keep her from climbing in until I was ready.
Once we got her in it and took off, she loved it. She was talking to me the whole time and reminding of the cookie I promised her after the ride. I'm really excited she likes it especially since our friends Charis, Kris, and Samantha are coming for a visit in August and Charis loves riding in the trailer.
On Sunday, Jen promised to try and let me sleep in. Of course, Riley and Evie had other ideas. Riley was up a t 5:30 and 6:30 am. Jen took him in the living room to try and let me sleep. I then woke up at 7:30 to Evie screaming "Daddy up! Daddy up!". So, I laid there and listened to two time outs and about a hundred "Daddy do it"s. I decided to get up and see my babes.
After a leisurely morning without power (a storm knocked it out last night and it still wasn't back), we decided to go to the University of Minnesota Arboretum to enjoy the weather. I always love getting out with the family, and Evie was excited for the adventure. We had a great time and Evie was entertaining me the whole time.



At lunch, she started smelling her sandwich like the flowers we had been smelling all morning and going "Ummm, nummy". It was cracking me up. Then we gave her some pieces of a cookie, and she had to have them all in her hands so we couldn't take them back. She's a funny babes. Riley of course slept through most of the event.
On this Father's Day, I realized I am the blessed on to have two amazing kids, an amazing wife, and a great life. I really am the luckiest Dad in the world (other than my own Dad of course who gets to have me as his son!).






3 comments:
Happy Father's Day, Joe! Sorry you did not get to sleep in late. Great pictures and I am really happy that Evie likes the trailer.
Dude! Good job on getting Evie to like the trailer. That'll be perfect for the girls. Charis will be stoked! -Kris
Post a Comment