Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Riley gets baptised

We had Riley baptised at Grandy's church on June 29th. He was so good throughout the hour and a half Mass! Not a peep from him during the actual baptising either. Evie, on the other hand, does not yet understand the concept of whispering so she gave a running commentary.




The priest was a fill-in for the friend of Grandy's who was originally was going to officiate so he didn't know us but was very nice. He called Riley "Ryan" instead of "Rylan" but I think the baptism still counts. Every time he looked at him, Riley flashed him a big grin and Fr. Bader kept smiling back.

After the baptism and before Mass was over, Riley got sleepy and I got him to fall asleep on my shoulder. He rarely does that anymore so I was really savoring it. Grandy got a picture of him - he was tuckered out!



We also got some pictures of him in his baptism outfit when we got home - he sure was a cute little buddy. We are very blessed to have him. (Thanks for the pictures Grandy!)


No comments: