Thursday, August 7, 2008

Evie's First Concert

So, I broke down.  I bought tickets to see The Wiggles.  Maybe it was for Evie and maybe it was for me who wanted to take her but I did it.  I wasn't sure if she would 'get' it but I hoped she would have some fun.  

We had an early dinner and left the house by 5:45, leaving Daddy with Riley to do some male bonding.  The concert was at the Target Center downtown and I have to admit that I was a little nervous heading down there with Evie by myself.  I mean, I used to work down there every day but negotiating things with a 2 year seemed like a totally different proposition.  

It turns out that I needn't have worried.  Parking was a breeze, the crowd was hardly the rock concert size (or type!) and Evie was in a great mood.  We got in a little early so we found our seats and checked out the crowd.  



There was an opening act, of sorts, who got the kids all whipped up into a frenzy for The Wiggles by doing the traditional "this-side-of-the-stadium-cheer-louder-than-that-side" thing.  They blew whistles instead of saying anything and got the kids to pump their arms up and down.  Evie had no idea what was going on but she complied with the arm waving thing nonetheless. 


Then, some pretty lame (sorry, it's the truth) dancers came out and did a little number and finally, The Wiggles arrived in their Big Red Car!


The concert lasted an hour and a half (well into bedtime, Wiggles!) and Evie danced around and clapped through the whole first hour.  She also, sweetly, wanted me to hold her seat down so Bunny could sit on it and watch while she danced.  


I took a few little videos of Evie getting her groove on - priceless!  




It was so cute watching her enjoy the show that it brought tears to my eyes.  She's growing up and I just want to savor these moments with her now while she still WANTS to go to concerts with her Momma. ;)

No comments: