Thursday, August 7, 2008

The Magic of a Playground

Some friends and I decided to take the kids to a local park this morning to let them burn off some energy.  It's a great little park with lots for them to do.  After spinning the other kids on the merry-go-round and exploring the tunnels, Evie took the opportunity to practice going up and down the stairs, a skill that she's still mastering.


Riley was happy to watch the kids play and try to get handfuls of grass into his mouth.  


At one point, in an attempt to commandeer Riley's toys, Evie joined him on the blanket in the shade.  I can't believe how big he is next to her already!


And when I got the camera out, the other kids couldn't resist getting in the picture.  ;)



After the playground, we headed back to our house to each lunch with our friends on the deck.  They had fun but I could tell it was naptime when Evie started grabbing toys out of her friends hands.  We're working on the sharing thing these days.  Hopefully, she's better about it by the time Riley is old enough to have opinions about toy preferences.   

No comments: