Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Weeklong Playdate

Having our friends here was like a weeklong playdate...for all of us!  Everyone had someone to do things with.  Evie and Charis played, Joe and Kris biked and Samantha and I watched chick flicks and ate brownies.  Riley got a little bit of everyone.

The "Flinstone" car (because you make it go with your feet) was a popular toy for the girls.  They took turns pushing each other in it and, at one point, Evie allowed Charis to join her in it and they steered together.  It was a moment.




Then, we moved out front for the bikes and electric car.  Evie was sure she was helping Charis steer by holding onto the handle but I doubt Charis found it very helpful.


In an effort to keep them occupied until lunch, I borrowed an idea and brought out the shaving cream so they could 'wash' the car.  They had a great time and really got into it!


Next on the 'chore' list was spraying the flowers in the front landscaping.  Thank goodness we had two spray bottles!  I'm pretty sure that between them, they squirted every flower out there.


Apparently, the siding on the house also needed cleaning.  Keen eyes, girls! ;)


And, of course, our faithful observer took everything in - he is such a good sport!



No comments: